Breathable membrane is a water resistant material used in roofing construction and timber frame construction (external walls) where the area may not be water-tight.
WRAPTOR® breathable membrane is made with 3 layers of thermal lamination to provide a high level of water resistance, whilst ensuring vapour permeability to avoid mould and condensation.
WRAPTOR® breathable membrane is fully BBA approved for use in warm non-ventilated and cold ventilated and non-ventilated roofing construction, along with timber frame construction; it can also be used as a short-term solution as a waterproof barrier during construction around the whole house, providing UV resistance for up to 3 months.
The membrane can be used as a roofing underlay and within timber frame walls with a cavity and masonry outer leaf, weatherboarding or tile/slate cladding. It has a good tensile strength and tear resistance and is incredibly durable.
WRAPTOR® breathable membrane is available in 100gsm, 120gsm and 140gsm. The 100gsm membrane is available in a 1m roll and the 120gsm and 140gsm range is available in two lengths, 1m and 1.5m.
- Fully BBA approved for use in; timber frame construction, warm & cold roofing construction
- Excellent layer for keeping out the rain and snow
- Wind proof layer to reduce air leakage
- Allows water vapour to pass to avoid mould and condensation
- Allows insulation materials to maintain their optimum thermal efficiency
- Durable: With walls life span equal to that of the building or in roofs it is comparable to traditional roof tile underlays
- WRAPTORS® are classified as Class E in accordance with BS EN 13501-1 : 2007. The use is restricted by the national building regulations in buildings that have 18 stories or more that contain dwellings, hostel, hotel or hospital.
- 100% recyclable
BS5534 COMPLIANT IN ALL WIND ZONES